The demotion of John Kass as “lead columnist” at the Chicago Tribune amid protests over his commentary about billionaire George Soros led the top 10 most-read stories here in July.
To read the full posts, click on the headlines:
- Tribune moving John Kass column ‘to maintain credibility of news coverage’
- Tribune colleagues blast John Kass column as ‘antithetical to our values’
- Jerry Taft 1943-2020
- MeTV flags objectionable content in ‘shows from another era’
- WBBM Newsradio cuts ‘valued members’ George Ofman, Kris Habermehl
- Four ‘valued colleagues’ cut in layoffs at WTTW, WFMT
- Robservations: NBC Chicago launched record-setting run for Hugh Downs
- Robservations: With no savior in sight, Tribune loses reporter David Jackson
- Robservations: Maze Jackson, Todd Stroger quit morning show at WVON
- Robservations: Will a new morning show wake up ESPN 1000’s ratings?